I write about nothing of importance, which is important...to me.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Birthday Benefits

Just in case you haven't realized, today is 10/10/10! Definitely a good day to write in your journal, or blog, or diary, or on a piece of paper you see on the counter. Just because. And it can even say anything you want it to say. Therefore...

My 25th birthday is coming up in a couple of days, which means my age is going up. :\ Looking on the bright side of things, when it's your birthday, restaurants pretty much love you (or your money), unlike your "loved" ones who will usually just give you 25 slaps/hits on your birthday, restaurants will give you coupons. So much better than being hit...or headbutted. I have signed up for birthday clubs and I am about to share with you my secrets for which birthday clubs to join (via email) and which ones to pass up. Sharing is caring. You're welcome.

The Good Deals:
1. Red Robin--FREE meal!
2. Rubio's Fresh Mex--FREE meal!
3. Noodles & Company--FREE meal!
4. Baskin Robbins--FREE icecream scoop!
5. Coldstone Creamery--FREE icecream scoop!
6. Romano's Macaroni Grill--FREE piece of chocolate cake!

The Okay Deals:
1. Tucano's--Free meal with the purchase of another meal
2. Chili's--Free brownie sundae with the purchase of an entree
3. Marie Callender's--$5 off entree and a free slice of pie
4. Mimi's Cafe--$10 off a check of more than $20
5. Dairy Queen--Free 16 oz Blizzard with the purchase of a Blizzard of equal or greater value

On a different note, I am starting to feel ooooooollllllllldddddd. Come on, I'm a quarter of a century old, I have the right to feel this way. Oh, I'm like the Cryptkeeper!

Oh yeah, I forgot about this nice little surprise from Disneyland: We've got a special surprise for you that's bursting with birthday fun! Be sure to check out the new Scavenger Hunt. There are three other games that you can play, as well as a free Disney wallpaper download. Come join us for the celebration! Wow, free wallpaper?! Are you for real?! My second birthday wish has come true...and I haven't even blown out my candles yet.

Disneyland, my third wish was that you let people into the park for free on their birthdays like you did last year...but I guess this whole online thing is worth more than entry into Disneyland, because, hey, online I actually get to interact with Mickey and gang in a scavenger hunt for however long I want. That's way better than seeing Mickey for 2 minutes in person to take a picture with...Oh, fine, I know that you're not doing the free park entry this year for birthdays because you already did the whole Give a Day, Get a Day thing. I did receive a free Disneyland pass for that, and I thank you. But just one question: how is a free ticket for volunteering my time supposed to make me feel special? A million other people volunteered, too. I think if I were to receive a ticket for my birthday, that'd be a lot more personal and make me feel valued, since it's my and only my birthday. Maybe you should go back to your old birthday ways...

So even though I'm getting older, birthdays are still good. In fact, I heard that when you turn 25 you have the honor of renting cars without any fees--my birthday wish has just come true! I also hear that statistics show that the more birthdays you have, the longer you'll live.

1 comment:

  1. Did I miss your birthday? If so, a belated happy birthday. If today is your birthday, happy birthday. If it is not yet your birthday, ignore the previous two statements and I'll come back later.

    The don't do that "birthday club" thing here. Not that I know of. Maybe they just tell me that to discourage me coming back. Every time I go anywhere is the last time I'm allowed there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and have yourself a great day. Or night. Whatever.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...